Thursday, October 4, 2007

Herb roasted chicken

This is another recipe from the What's cookin' good lookin' series on the website What's in it for me? Check it out!

Ok, this chicken is awesome and quite easy if you own a large (whole-chicken size crock pot).

I prefer to use boneless chicken breasts and modified the recipe thus:

Half the ingredients:
3 cups water
1/4 C sea salt
etc.

1 and 1/2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts (or approximately 6 breasts)

1. I followed the directions for step one above (halving the ingredients in the first step). The longer you soak the chicken, the more AMAZINGLY TENDER the chicken is. I think I ended up (unintentionally) soaking for two days and it was like slicing into butter! Yum!

2. I'm all about the grill lately, so instead of using the crock pot, I combined the remaining spices, and substituted butter for olive oil. I mixed it around/rubbed it on the breasts. On medium heat, grill 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. What you get is an amazingly sweet, amazingly tender chicken breast. I couldn't get enough of it.

This chicken was delicious with mashed sweet potatoes.

**as a side note, the hubby liked it the first time, but the second time he confessed that it reminded him too much of fish (??! I hate fish just as much as he does, I don't see see fishiness in it). Ironically, this is one of my very favorites. Figures! What are ya gonna do? **

No comments: